Kangarama Pty Ltd and each of its related entities (together “Kangarama, we, us, our”) understand our customers’ concern about the privacy of their information when collected by us.
We are dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal information which we collect about our customers and do so in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s)). This dedication extends to information or opinions that are collected about an individual in circumstances where their identity can reasonably be determined.
Any questions about the general privacy principles may be directed to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose website details are: www.oaic.gov.au.
- OPEN AND TRANSPARENT POLICIES
We have and will continue to take all reasonable steps to implement and maintain practices, procedures and systems to ensure that we comply with all our obligations under the Privacy Act. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this policy or any matters arising from it.
- ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
You may not wish to identify yourself or you may wish to use a pseudonym and this is an option provided that this does not make it impractical for us to deal with you.
Please Note: It will generally be impractical for you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym, should you wish to enter into a contract with us, including to purchase goods or services from us. The reason for this is because your identity is a relevant factor in creating a legally binding arrangement. It is material to our decision of whether or not to enter into agreements with you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- PERSONAL INFORMATION )
The main sort of personal information we collect usually includes:-
- Contact Data including but not limited to your name, email address, postal address, phone number or those of your officers and employees.
- your gender, country and occupation.
- Transaction data, including but not limited to information about your purchases and the last four digits of your payment card.
- Personal preferences including but not limited to your interests and sizing,
- Content posted or provided by you including but not limited to content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Website (such as in product reviews).
- The name and email address of your friend when you use our “Refer a Friend” feature.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request.
If you do not provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of our websites and/or services.
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide goods and carry out the services that we offer to you, and to ensure that we comply with all laws in relation to the provision of goods and services to you.
If we need to collect Sensitive Information (such as information relating to health, disability, ethnic origin, criminal convictions, religious or political affiliation), we will only do so where it is reasonably necessary and we will seek your express written consent in advance unless a relevant exception applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Kangarama collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you use our Website to provide information, create an account, place an order, enter a contest, contact us for product support, interact with our social media platforms, or by you sending us a message, email, phone or in documents such as an application or order forms;
- from third parties such as our related companies, hospitals or medical facilities, and your representatives;
- information collected and collated from publicly available sources, including search engines, websites, social media, publicly available data bases, third party sources and referees, personal contacts and industry connections;
- from our own records and from earlier orders or transactions that you have previously made or been involved in.
Two types of cookies may be used on our Website:
- session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
- Session cookies
We may use session cookies:
To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookie
We may use persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to monitor your use of our Website.
Use of web beacons
Some of our web pages may contain web beacons which allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign.
- WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information we collect depends on the products and services that you use or apply for.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We collect, hold and use personal information for business purposes with respect to our products and services and other business relations involving our customers. We gather this information by lawful and fair means without being unreasonable or intrusive. We may use this information to:-
- processing and fulfilling orders for goods and any other transactions with you;
- operating and maintaining our Website;
- identify you and to assist you to use our Website or any of our relevant goods or services more easily;
- manufacture the goods required;
- performing customer service or other services requested by you;
- monitoring and analysing trends, usage, and activities for business purposes.
- research and develop our goods and services, including focus group and surveys and using third party services if applicable;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- inform you of matters about which we believe you may have an interest;
- notify you of our product and service offerings from time to time;
- develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services ; and
comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- When necessary and in connection with the purposes listed above, Kangarama may disclose your information to and/or receive information from other companies within the Kangarama group.
- Your information may be transferred to any of our third party service providers to the extent necessary to manufacture the goods or supply services ordered by you.
- Your information may be transferred to other third party service providers who process the information on our behalf, including service providers that process purchases for us, host the Website, provide technical support, and provide analytics, advertising, and marketing services.
- We may need to disclosure your information to our lawyers, accountants and professional advisors to comply with our legal and compliance obligations.
We share information you make public through the Website, such as information when you post a review. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public.
- MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATIONS
- We offer parts of our Website through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Website.
- ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
- We may use tracking and analytics services to track and analyse how visitors use our Website via third party facilities which will be subject to their terms and conditions. In addition, we may work with agencies, ad networks, and other advertising companies to place ads for our products on other websites and social media platforms. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
- We may also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Website or are identified in one or more of our databases.
- DIRECT MARKETING
By using our Website and accepting our services you expressly permit us to use your personal information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You consent to our use of your information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities.
If you do not wish to receive any of these materials, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of relevant emails or contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are at the end of this Policy, to opt out.
You can change your mind about receiving materials or information about our products and services at any time by contacting us.
You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
We will never sell, license, trade or provide your information to another for direct marketing purposes except that you may receive advertising via social media platforms when using our Website or related sites on Facebook, Instagram or other such platforms.
- CROSS BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not usually disclose your personal information to any overseas entities. However, we may use new technologies from time to time and personal information may be stored outside Australia. We will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws. Your information will be stored on our data base for such period of time as required by law.
We will use our own identifiers and not those assigned by the government unless we are required to do so, or the Australian Privacy Principles or other another law requires us to do so.
- ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please contact us using the contact details specified in this policy below if there is a change in your circumstances that requires an update to be made to our data.
- SECURITY OF DATA
How we protect personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When information is no longer needed we will destroy or de-identify it.
We require our employees to protect the confidentiality of information as required by applicable law and limit access to personal information to our employees and other third parties who have a legitimate need to use it, consistent with the purposes for which it was collected. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect information.
- CORRECTION AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information which we hold about you and request its correction if you believe it to be incorrect. We can also correct your personal information if we are satisfied that it is incorrect.
There are some circumstances where we can refuse to give access to information. These include where given access to the information would:
- pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or the public;
- have an unreasonable impact on the privAacy of others; or
- be frivolous or vexatious.
The other exceptions are detailed the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you wish to access or correct your information, please contact us at the email address shown:
Kangarama Pty Ltd
For security reasons, any request for details of personal information held by Kangarama should be made in writing. You may be asked to provide proof of identify.
- COMPLAINTS AND ENQUIRIES
If you would like more information or have a complaint regarding our management of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at the email address above.
In the case of a complaint, we will usually request that you put your complaint in writing so that it may be properly considered and investigated by Kangarama. The matter will be considered by our Privacy Officer, who will respond within a reasonable time and usually within 30 days.
You will be notified of our decision. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, we will also inform you of your right to take this matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
You have 12 months from the date you became aware of your privacy issue to lodge your complaint with the OAIC. The contact details of the OAIC are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Telephone: 1300 363 992